Saturday, February 4, 2012

Three For One

I am a business woman.
I have been a business woman my entire adult life.
I have three passions in my life.
Now I am constantly thinking of how I can turn three passions into one business.
But I'm getting a little ahead of myself. 
Let me explain.

My first passion is a deep and abiding love of Jesus Christ and study of the Bible.  A few years ago I began to dream of opening a Christian Book Store.  Not the typical chain store, but a very special store named A Quiet Place.  I have the floor plan designed, the interior decorated, the inventory planned and promotions already mapped out.  But the planning is as far as I've gone with it.

My second passion is art.   What started out as a hobby for a change of pace from a full time real estate career, became my business.  For the past ten years, I have been a professional artist, creating and marketing my own work through galleries, websites and art shows and festivals.  To see a little more of that, you can check out my work at www.texasgalgallery.com
Lately I have been having thoughts of opening my own gallery........... but then I also want to own a Christian Book Store.

Then, to take a break from painting, I began to play around with baking.  Many years ago, I started to bake and decorate cakes for friends.  Even made some wedding cakes.  I taught myself to work with gumpaste and fondant and then  I probably skipped about 12 years but have recently started back.  And now.............Oh my gosh, don't tell me that now I'm having thoughts of opening a bakery! 
One friend sent an email that I should open a gallery and bakery.  I could do that but then what about my Book Store? 
I know!  I'll do all three!
Well, maybe I'll just do it virtually instead of actually.  Or maybe I'll practice with this blog to see how they might work together before taking a step out into the real world. 
So, here we go. 
Stay tuned...................................

No comments:

Post a Comment